Leech Tishman’s Government Relations Practice Group is comprised of lawyers who have held elective office or appointed positions in federal, state and municipal government and with public authorities and regional planning organizations.
Some of these positions include serving as solicitors for local municipalities, on the Board of Directors for various public authorities and on the staffs of members of Congress, governors and members of the General Assembly.
The strength of our team lies in our first-hand knowledge of the roles of coalitions, interest groups, corporate entities and labor organizations in successfully managing the public process. We have experience with a multitude of government relations and government affairs issues.
Our experience serving in government/quasi-government roles, combined with a track record of regular appearances before various governmental regulatory bodies, allows our lawyers to effectively represent individuals, businesses, trade and professional associations, non-profit organizations and coalitions/advocacy groups before local, municipal, county, state and federal government authorities and agencies.
Whether you are looking for assistance in obtaining a project approval, lobbying for revisions to existing laws and regulations, advice on government competitive bidding requirements or help in securing government funding, we can apply our extensive bipartisan knowledge of complex legislative and regulatory issues to your legal matter in order to facilitate a quick and effective resolution.
General Lobbying Firm Services
- Concentration on Western Pennsylvania local government projects (county, city, authorities and regional organizations)
- Pennsylvania legislative and administrative/agency assistance
- Federal assistance: focus on local issues/partnerships, with key resources in Washington, D.C.
- Project permitting and compliance
- Regulatory commission/state regulatory agency compliance
Government Funding Assistance
- Business/borrower representation in government funding programs
- Department of Defense
- Department of Energy
- Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) grant projects
- The Machinery and Equipment Loan Fund (Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development)
- Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority
- Business in Our Sites Program
- Water Supply and Waste Water Infrastructure Program (PennWorks)
- Building PA Program
Government Competitive Bidding Opportunities/Alternative Procurement
Assistance with procurement opportunities regarding:
- Standard low bid/RFP assistance and guidance
- Alternative procurement assistance, guidance, and proactive solutions
- Legislative action to improve procurement process
- Regulatory compliance
- Concentration in MBE/WBE/DBE participation programs and compliance