Please help us welcome to newest addition to our Leech Tishman family, Sharon Barney. Sharon Barney has been practicing family law and immigration law since obtaining her law degree from Northeastern University School of Law and the University of Rochester. She has devoted her career to removing barriers to her clients’ rights to justice. Not only does Sharon have the skills to guide her clients in the direction of their best interest, but she also practices a client-centered approach. What makes her different from other lawyers is that she provides her clients with the legal options and allows them to decide the next steps.
Sharon Barney has years of experience in dealing with immigration law. She has the background that allows her clients to obtain the confidence they need when stepping into a courtroom. Her background includes:
- Family-based sponsorship which includes obtaining green cards for family members, such as spouses and children.
- Employment-based sponsorship which includes obtaining visas and green cards for foreign national employees
- Citizenship/naturalization applications which include complicated issues, such as criminal history and medical disabilities
- Permanent residency either through adjustment of status, conditional permanent residency or other means
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) which includes new applications or renewals
- Student Visas which include J-1 Visas and F-1 Visas
- Visitor Visas which include B1s and B2s
If there is an immigration law on which you’d like more information, please feel free to contact Sharon Barney at Leech Tishman today.
There are a variety of family law issues for which you may need a family lawyer. Cases including before, during and beyond divorce actions and more. Sharon can help you in the following areas of family law:
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Guardianship Petitions
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support/Alimony Pendente Lite
- Equitable Distribution
- Contempt Actions
- Grandparent Visitation Petitions
- Protection From Abuse
Through experience encompassing many different issues of family law, Sharon Barney has become a leading lawyer for Leech Tishman. Reach out to Sharon online now to have all of your family law questions and concerns answered.
Sharon’s Education and History
Sharon Barney is a trusted attorney at law who is dedicated to helping her clients with a client-centric approach and passion. With her strategic family law and immigration law experience, we’re confident that her expertise will allow her to be the dedicated lawyer you can trust.
J.D., Northeastern University School of Law
B.A., University of Rochester
-Immigration Law Committee, Education Subcommittee
-Young Lawyers’ Division Chair
-Public Interest/Pro Bono Committee Co-Chair
Interdisciplinary Roundtable on Immigration, Center for Immigrants’ Rights, Penn State Law
Public Service & Community Involvement
Community Diversity Group – Member
State College Sunrise Rotary – Member
MidPenn Legal Services – Pro Bono Attorney
Peaceful Hearts Foundation – Board Member