Leech Tishman’s Employment & Labor attorneys counsel and litigate on behalf of private and public sector employers in all aspects of the employment relationship, from hiring through termination.
Our employment attorneys partner with our clients to develop creative options that align with business objectives while complying with statutory and common law requirements. Our team’s understanding of the nature of the employer/employee relationship, combined with our understanding of each client’s business, allows our lawyers to guide our clients to cost-effective and practical solutions.
Leech Tishman’s employment attorneys focus on preventing litigation. We counsel employers and offer training on all aspects of the employment relationship, including but not limited to workplace harassment, performance management, Employment Law 101 for supervisors, discipline and discharge, terminations, and ensuring statutory compliance.
Our lawyers represent employers in employment discrimination litigation before the federal and state courts as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and City of Pittsburgh Commission on Human Relations. We also represent employers in all aspects of labor relations, including collective bargaining, grievances, arbitration and National Labor Relations Board proceedings. We have extensive experience with wage and hour practice before the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division. We also assist employers with all types of alternative dispute resolution processes, including mediation, arbitration, and early neutral evaluations.
Employment & Labor Services
- Affirmative Action and OFCCP compliance
- Disciplinary action and termination
- Employee benefits consulting
- Employee handbooks
- Employment agreements
- Employment at-will/wrongful discharge
- Employment discrimination
- Employment discrimination litigation
- Family and Medical Leave Act issues and compliance
- Human Resource policies and practices
- Human Resource Practices Audits
- Leaves of absence, disability accommodation & ADA compliance
- Payment practices
- Performance appraisals
- Pre-employment testing and background checks
- Reductions in force and workforce restructuring
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements
- Severance agreements, waivers and releases
- Sexual and workplace harassment
- Unemployment compensation claims
- Use of temporary/leased/contract employees and independent contractors
- Wage and hour compliance and issues
- Workplace investigations
- Workplace practices
- Workplace privacy issues
- Collective bargaining
- Grievance administration
- Labor management relations
- National Labor Relations Board proceedings
- Public sector labor relations
- Strikes, picketing, and boycott advice
Please provide us with your information to gain access to resources.