Leech Tishman’s International Practice Group integrates the services of corporate lawyers across many of our practice areas, providing our clients with representation in a wide range of cross-border and international matters.
Our international lawyers have a solid understanding of and extensive experience with the legal challenges placed on businesses by the domestic and international commercial and regulatory environments in which they operate and compete. We have advised entrepreneurial enterprises, government entities, mid-sized corporations, and Global 500 companies with operations throughout North, Central and South America, Europe, the Middle East, and the Far East with international needs, such as contracts, disputes, estate planning and more.
Possessing a strong grasp of commercial and cultural issues in many international settings, our lawyers are well-versed in counseling U.S.-based and foreign companies in making investments and acquisitions, establishing joint ventures and commercial relationships, and setting up operations, both in the U.S. and abroad.
Drawing upon legal expertise and cultural experience, our international corporate lawyers support activities of clients involved in many facets of business, including construction; finance; energy, including electrical power, liquefied natural gas, petroleum, renewable energy, and timber; intellectual property development and protection; procurement and supply chain management; investment; product manufacturing and distribution; automotive manufacturing; banking; commodities; medical devices and healthcare; motion picture and television production; professional services; real estate; technology; software; and telecommunications. We are focused on nurturing our clients’ businesses through every stage of representation.
International Lawyer Services
Our International Practice Group has experience in the following areas:
- Contract drafting, negotiation, and risk allocation
- Corporate business planning and entity structuring
- Construction matters, including projects with onshore and offshore scopes
- Cross-border sales, distribution, and franchising
- Joint venture, public-private partnership, and other collaborative business structures
- Compliance with governmental regulations, including environmental regulation, permitting, and other compliance matters
- Regulation of foreign direct investment, Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) reviews, export controls, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance
- Financing, project financing, structured finance agreements, and payment securitization
- Currency fluctuation and restrictions risks
- Cross-border private placements
- Intellectual property protection
- Borrower-lender arrangements
- Corporate acquisitions and divestitures
- Bankruptcy and reorganization
- Insurance coverage and corporate risk mitigation
- International dispute resolution
- International tax and estate planning
- International trade and sourcing of materials and equipment
- Real estate transactions and structural leasing matters
Leech Tishman is a member of AVRIO Advocati, a European-centered network of law firms covering practically every major European city. The network is an effective, cohesive structure with a strong European base and one member each in countries such as the USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, India, Macau, Myanmar, and Turkey.
AVRIO Advocati member firms are prominent local firms with firsthand knowledge not only of their legal environment but also of relevant business issues. They are able to arrange cooperation with local authorities and other professionals, while delivering high quality, custom-tailored legal advice across international borders to respond to the requirements of the internal and global markets.
The object of our association is to provide each member and its clients with known and trusted allies in other countries, to develop the exchange of professional know-how, and to foster legal co-operation and legal research on national, European, and international issues. The personal connection, common expertise and close cooperation between AVRIO Advocati members allows for the effective referring of clients while they do business abroad, and provides participation in common projects that require harmonious co-operation and management in more than one jurisdiction.
For more information on AVRIO Advocati please click here.