Embezzlement and Employee Theft
Leech Tishman’s team of attorneys is equipped to serve organizations that suspect embezzlement and employee theft in the workplace as well as assist organizations with implementing preventative measures to reduce theft. Our lawyers possess a depth of knowledge in this area, ranging from employment counseling to the criminal process interface, to internal investigation and resulting litigation issues.
Leech Tishman has built its embezzlement practice by developing creative options for organizations of all sizes. Our experiences include oversight of complex, in-depth investigations and civil/criminal litigation, and counseling on all aspects of the employment relationship, from hiring through termination. Our team’s understanding of the wide-reaching ramifications of embezzlement and employee theft, combined with our knowledge of each client’s business, allows our lawyers to achieve a satisfactory result as expeditiously and cost-effectively as possible.
Our attorneys have devoted their legal careers to employment and criminal law and litigation. Together, our team offers an all-encompassing approach to handle embezzlement and employee theft, by bringing a unique understanding of the intricacies of internal investigations from a law enforcement perspective, employer/employee relationships, and experience in all phases of litigation. Our attorneys are also adept at establishing and implementing preventative measures for employers through a combination of policies, procedures, and training.
Our lawyers have experience in the following areas:
- Review and analysis of employment policies and procedures
- Establishment and implementation of employee conduct policies and procedures
- Investigation of allegations of embezzlement and corporate fraud and waste
- Development of comprehensive ethics programs
- Witness interviews and preparation for interviews by law enforcement and for potential litigation
- Representation and advocacy through all phases of litigation
- Tax counseling