ACBA CLE – Introduction to Grand Jury Practice
February 8 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Leech Tishman attorney Lisa A. Mantella will be speaking at the Allegheny County Bar Association CLE, titled, “Introduction to Grand Jury Practice.”
This program is designed to educate attorneys on the grand jury process in Pennsylvania.
For more information or to register, please click here.
More About this Event
The international fallout from the Pennsylvania Grand Jury report on sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church has increased dialogue about how investigating grand juries operate and how to effectively represent clients before a grand jury. This program is designed to educate attendees on the grand jury process.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- The functions and powers of a statewide grand jury
- How to prepare a witness for testimony
- How to properly respond to a demand for documents
- The ins and outs of motions practice before a supervising grand jury judge
- Effective responses to a grand jury report
- Obtaining full discovery following a presentment
- The future of the Pennsylvania Investigating Grand Jury Act
- Ethical obligations surrounding grand jury practice
*Lunch will be served.
Last day to Pre-register: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- February 8
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Koppers Building E.P. Mellon Room
436 Seventh Avenue, Lower Level
Pittsburgh, PA 15219 + Google Map
- Allegheny County Bar Association