- This event has passed.
Leech Tishman Employment & Labor Attorney Leah K. Sell to Present PHRA Webinar, “Remote Workers and Their Not So Distant Employment Law Issues”
May 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Leech Tishman Employment & Labor attorney Leah K. Sell will be a speaker for the webinar, “Remote Workers and Their Not So Distant Employment Law Issues” hosted by the Pittsburgh Human Resources Association (PHRA).
Goals and Objectives of the Webinar
Remote Workers are now integral and beneficial solutions for many employers. There are of course unique considerations and challenges that raise many questions:
- Who is a remote worker, who is working remotely, and who is being offered an accommodation, and why is this distinction important?
- What property do employers need to provide remote workers and how do they protect it?
- When can remote employees work and when do they need to be paid?
- Where is a remote employee considered to be employed and why does it matter? HINT: The answer is taxes, it’s ALWAYS taxes!
- Why are policies and agreements important and what documents should employers consider having in place?
This session will explore these and other frequent issues, concerns, and questions employers are confronted with while managing employees from a distance.
This event is approved for 1 SHRM-CP/SCP and 1 PHR credit.
- May 10
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Live Webinar