Understanding and Mitigating Cyber Risk in the Cannabis Industry
December 13 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Seed-to-Sale Tracking, Personally Identifiable Information, Text-Message Marketing, and More
Make no mistake – the risk is real. The cannabis-industry is built on technology and data. As such, cannabis-related businesses need to understand the legal landscape, how to protect themselves, and how to respond if and when a cyber event occurs.
Leech Tishman attorneys Michael H. Sampson (Co-Leader, Cannabis Industry Group; Leader, Insurance Coverage Group) and James K. Paulick (Leader, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Group) will host an informational webinar about cybersecurity and data privacy issues affecting the cannabis industry.
This webinar will explore some of the many cyber-related risks facing this industry, as well as provide an overview of potential mitigation strategies and “best practices.” Some of the topics Mike and Jim will examine include:
- Identifying cybersecurity and data privacy risks
- State data privacy laws
- State breach notification laws
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) and text-message marketing
- Chatbots and litigation risks
- Internal information security and privacy policies
- Multifactor Authorization
- Cyber insurance and other risk-transfer considerations
There will be a 10-minute Q&A session at the end of the webinar. Please feel free to send questions in advance to email@example.com.
This webinar is eligible for 1 Hour of Substantive CLE credit in both California and Pennsylvania. If you are seeking credit in either of these states, please complete the appropriate sections in the registration form. You will also need to complete an evaluation after the webinar is over.
- December 13
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Live Webinar
- Leech Tishman
- View Organizer Website