Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl, LLC is seeking an Intellectual Property Administrative Assistant with 3-5 years of intellectual property law firm experience to work in our Pittsburgh, PA office. The IP Administrative Assistant will work in partnership with their assigned attorneys and are responsible for maintaining an effective daily workflow as well as independently managing/coordinating IP administrative services to clients, patent agents and foreign associates. Solid experience and knowledge of patents and trademarks is required for this position. Experience in patent preparation and prosecution, though not required, is preferred. Candidates must present themselves well to clients, be able to learn quickly, and maintain confidentiality of all firm and client matters at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain, update, and organize patent and trademark files and prepare paperwork regarding patent and trademark applications
- Manage assigned attorneys’ calendars, dockets, and appointments
- Independently respond to a variety of official requests from internal and external customers
- Manage correspondence to prevent loss of IP rights and to assure accurate and timely workflow
- Manage attorneys’ time entry and billing
- Provide back-up support to other legal assistants as assigned or needed
- 3-5 years of experience in intellectual property in a law firm environment
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. An advanced degree is preferred
- High level of technical expertise, accountability, and problem-solving skills
- Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and initiative
- Excellent proofreading/editing skills with a high level of accuracy
- Strong process orientation
- Must have the ability to work independently and efficiently, as well as in a team environment involving extensive collaboration with other attorneys, paralegals, and office staff
- Experience with CPI, ProLaw, and electronic filing on the USPTO website
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and related software applications
This position is full-time.
About Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl, LLC
Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl is a national, full-service law firm dedicated to assisting individuals, businesses, and institutions. Leech Tishman offers legal services in business restructuring & insolvency, construction, corporate matters, employment & labor, estates & trusts, intellectual property, litigation & alternative dispute resolution, and real estate. In addition, the firm offers a wide range of legal services to clients in the aviation & aerospace, cannabis, emerging cyber technologies, energy & natural resources, entertainment, healthcare, hospitality, and life sciences industries. Leech Tishman has offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Sarasota, State College, PA, Washington, D.C., and Wilmington, DE. and has a history of strong growth in these markets. We offer a competitive salary and benefits and a collegial work environment.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to Mala Mason, Chief People Officer at email@example.com. Agency applications will not be considered for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.