Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl, LLC is seeking a Litigation Secretary with 5-7 years of experience in commercial litigation to work in our Pasadena office. This paralegal will provide litigation and general administrative support to several attorneys in our Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group in both Pasadena, CA and El Segundo, CA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and processing legal documents including notices, letters, summons, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, pleadings, discovery documents, and pretrial arrangements, including arranging for appropriate service
- Retrieving and following local court rules for practice, including obtaining information on tentative rulings, department Standing Orders and calendaring deadlines, and reserving court hearing dates
- Coordinating deposition dates with opposing counsel and mediators, and scheduling court reports/translators as needed
- Filing documents with local, state and federal courts (including e-filing)
- Maintaining assigned attorneys’ appearances, trial calendars and court dates
- Arranging for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses and court officials
- Assisting with trial prep including coordinating with experts and witnesses, preparing exhibits, and assembling trial binders
- Organizing and maintaining documents and case files
- Performing secretarial/administrative tasks as assigned by attorneys and paralegals including editing documents, calendaring meetings, reviewing billing, entering attorney time, scheduling travel, filing, and mailing
- Managing client intake process, including drafting engagement letters
- 5-7 years of experience in litigation; commercial litigation experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. College, business school, or other relevant continuing education preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word (including the use of document versions and redlining, TOA and TOC); proficiency with Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with ProLaw, NetDocs, CompuLaw, and iTimeKeep a plus
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and initiative
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent proofreading/editing skills with a high level of accuracy
- Strong process orientation
- Must have the ability to work independently and efficiently, as well as in a team environment involving extensive collaboration with other attorneys, paralegals, and office staff
- Must have excellent attention to detail
This position is full-time.
Position: Litigation Secretary
Location: Pasadena, CA
Employee Status: Full-Time – Non-exempt
Schedule: 8-hour shift; day shift; Monday to Friday (minimum of 4 days per week in-office, after probationary period of 3 months where candidate will work 5 days in office)
Job Type: Secretary
Education: Minimum – Associates Degree; Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 5-7 years as a Litigation Secretary
Salary Range: $70,000-$85,000/year
About Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl, LLC
Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl is a national, full-service law firm dedicated to assisting individuals, businesses, and institutions. Leech Tishman offers legal services in business restructuring & insolvency, construction, corporate matters, employment & labor, estates & trusts, intellectual property, litigation & alternative dispute resolution, and real estate. In addition, the firm offers a wide range of legal services to clients in the aviation & aerospace, cannabis, emerging cyber technologies, energy & natural resources, entertainment, healthcare, hospitality, and life sciences industries. Leech Tishman has offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Sarasota, State College, PA, Washington, D.C., and Wilmington, DE. and has a history of strong growth in these markets. We offer a competitive salary and benefits and a collegial work environment.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to Mala Mason, Chief People Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Agency applications will not be considered for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.