By: Matthew Rak, Esq.
On January 30, 2020, the IRS finalized regulations (85 FR 5323) setting the due dates for 2019 Tax Returns for the 2020 filing season. Due to the recent changes in tax filing deadlines under the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes of 2015, taxpayers should review these deadlines and apply for extensions proactively to avoid late filing and late payment penalties.
- Form FinCen 114 Foreign Bank Accounts – April 15
- Form 990 Exempt Organizations – May 15
- Form 1040 Individuals – April 15
- Form 1041 Estate and Trusts – April 15
- Form 1065 Partnerships – March 16
- Forms 1096 and 1099 – filed on or before February 28 (unless filed electronically, then March 31). Note that this due date has not moved to February 29 as a result of the leap year.
- Form 1120 C Corporations – April 15 (but for filers with year-end in June, deadline remains the fifteenth day of the third month following the close of the year (September 15))
- Form 1120S S Corporations – March 16
- Form 5500 Series Employee Benefit Plan – July 31
If you have any questions regarding the 2020 due dates or tax compliance matters, please contact Matthew Rak. Matt is a Partner with Leech Tishman and a member of the Estates & Trusts, Taxation, and Energy Practice Groups, as well as the Nonprofit Organizations Team. Matt is based in the firm’s Pittsburgh office and can be reached at 412.261.1600 or via email at email@example.com.
Leech Tishman’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/leechtishman
Leech Tishman’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeechTishman
Leech Tishman’s Company Page on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/leech-tishman
Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl is a full-service law firm dedicated to assisting individuals, businesses, and institutions. Leech Tishman offers legal services in alternative dispute resolution, aviation & aerospace, bankruptcy & creditors’ rights, construction, corporate, employee benefits, employment, energy, environmental, estates & trusts, family law, government relations, immigration, insurance coverage & corporate risk mitigation, intellectual property, internal investigations, international legal matters, litigation, real estate, and taxation. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Leech Tishman also has offices in Chicago, Lakewood Ranch, FL, Los Angeles, New York and Wilmington, DE.