PITTSBURGH, PA – April 18, 2018 – Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl (“Leech Tishman”) is pleased to announce its fundraising efforts for the 2018 Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh (“BBBS”) Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraising campaign, an annual fundraising initiative hosted by and in support of BBBS. Leech Tishman raised more funds than any other law firm in Greater Pittsburgh, collecting over $10,000 through a series of fundraising events this spring.
Starting on March 22, 2018, Bowl for Kids’ Sake hosted six bowling events in March and April to support BBBS. The final event was held on Sunday, April 8, at the “Brunch & Bowl” at Princess Lanes Bowling Alley.
This year marks the 17th consecutive year that Leech Tishman has participated in Bowl for Kids’ Sake. “Mentorship is inbred in our culture at Leech Tishman, so our perennial support of Big Brothers Big Sisters through Bowl for Kids’ Sake is in our genes,” said partner Steve Irwin, who became involved with BBBS 41 years ago. “We support BBBS through innovative, fun activities internally, and that’s something we do all year long.”
Steve added, “Leech Tishman employees—partners, associates, and staff—have supported this organization not just through fundraising, but by acting as ‘Bigs’ and ‘Littles,’ as well. One of the firm’s founders, Ted Tishman, was a Little Brother through BBBS; our attorneys and staff continue to work with the agency, inspired by the firm leadership’s example.” Steve estimates that, to date, the firm has raised more than $100,000 since it first became involved with BBBS.
This year, six Leech Tishman teams, for a total of 26 bowlers, participated in Bowl for Kids’ Sake. A big thank you to the teams and their captains:
- Pin Bowl Wizards: Captain Kate Comstock; Team Members: Nicole Chiodo, April Drap
- Split Happens: Captain Jessica K. Albert, Team Members: Andrew Albert, Francesca M. Schiavone, Matthew Schiavone, John R. Whipkey
- Splits & Giggles: Captain Joan Reed; Team Members: Kenneth C. Foltz, Sr., Melissa Kann, Kathryn Koller, Mala Mason, Stuart Mason
- Steve’s Jungle: Captain Steven D. Irwin; Team Members: Steve Cherin, Eric DiTillio, Brett J. Warren, Daniel P. Yeomans
- Too Legit to Split: Captain Elena Hedderman; Team Members: Christine Graff, Angela Heukeshoven, Christopher J. Owens, Charles M. Yeomans
- TBD: Captain Molly A. Myers
About Bowl for Kids’ Sake
Bowl for Kids’ Sake (BFKS), the region’s largest charity bowling event, is a fun-filled day of bowling, games, excitement, and an opportunity for everyone in our community join together to make a difference in the lives of at-risk youth. Bowl for Kids’ Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters’ largest national fundraiser, raising over $20 million annually for children in need across the country. Learn more about Bowl for Kids’ Sake here: https://www.bbbs.org/bowl/.
Proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh’s one-to-one mentoring programs serving more than 1,500 children in Allegheny, Washington and Greene Counties.