PITTSBURGH, PA – March 5, 2018 – Leech Tishman’s LaunchPad Legal Team is pleased to announce that it is hosting a Business Pitch Competition targeting entrepreneurial individuals and start-up companies. The event is sponsored by Craig-Goodworth & Associates at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, with prizes generously donated by 321Blink, BlueTree Allied Angel Investors, Draper Triangle, HBK CPAs and Consultants and the Next Act Fund. The Pitch Competition will be held on March 8, 2018 at Leech Tishman’s Pittsburgh office. The winner of the competition will receive a “LaunchPad Legal Services Package,” as well as other prizes generously provided by the competition sponsors. Attendees will enjoy food, drinks, and friendly competition between local innovators and entrepreneurs.
The competition will be moderated by five judges:
- Jide Famuagun, Founder & CEO of Alpha Capital Partners
- Gina Kallick, Entrepreneur & Angel Investor of the Next Act Fund
- Jay Katarincic, Managing Director of Draper Triangle
- Don Morrison, Chairman of Deal Flow, BlueTree Allied Angel Investors
- Eliza Swann, Senior Associate Counsel & Vice President of UPMC Enterprises
The Pitch Competition will feature seven finalists. Each entrepreneur will have five minutes to pitch their business plan in front of the judges and attendees. Five minutes will also be allotted for questions. The finalists include:
- Blast Off Apps
- Velocity Robotics, Inc.
- The Aquaponics Project
- Behaivior LLC
- Theia Robotics
The Grand Prize for the competition is the LaunchPad Legal Package, which is designed to take one’s business from “pitch” to “reality.” This package includes:
- Easy access to an experienced legal professional who will evaluate an organization’s unique needs and goals to develop a personalized plan for their company
- Flexible, responsive service
- Affordable plans with transparent pricing
- A curated menu of legal products
- A proactive approach to long-term planning
- A full-service law firm capable of supporting the company’s needs through its lifespan
Other prizes that will be awarded during the competition include:
- Marketing Package from 321Blink
- One Hour Custom Consultation with HBK CPAs and Consultants
- One Hour Meeting with Draper Triangle Fund Investors
- One Hour Business Development and Funding Strategy Coaching with Don Morrison of BlueTree Allied Angel Investors
- Pitch to the Next Act Fund, a Women-Focused Angel Fund (available to the woman with the best score)
- Pitch to BlueTree Allied Angel Investors
- Audience Choice Award ($50 Cash Prize) sponsored by Craig-Goodworth & Associates at Merrill Lynch
Leech Tishman’s LaunchPad Legal Team supports entrepreneurs to help transform their vision into a reality. Our attorneys provide the legal services necessary for creating an infrastructure that assists start-ups in successfully launching from ideas to profitable enterprises. The legal team consists of Corporate and Intellectual Property Practice Group attorneys, Frederick C. Leech, Francesca K. Schiavone and Christopher J. Owens. The LaunchPad Legal Package, one of which will be awarded during this competition, offers individuals and organizations the legal services that start-ups need to build an infrastructure that is customized to their goals.
ABOUT LEECH TISHMAN
Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl is a full-service law firm dedicated to assisting individuals, businesses, and institutions. Leech Tishman offers legal services in alternative dispute resolution, aviation & aerospace, bankruptcy & creditors’ rights, construction, corporate, embezzlement & employee theft, employee benefits, employment, energy, environmental, estates & trusts, family law, government relations, immigration, insurance coverage & corporate risk mitigation, intellectual property, international legal matters, litigation, real estate, and taxation. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Leech Tishman also has offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Sarasota, and Wilmington, DE. For more information call 424.738.4400 or 412.261.1600 or visit us at www.leechtishman.com.