LOS ANGELES, CA – November 3, 2022 – On Wednesday, October 26, 2022, the Asian Business League of Southern California (“ABL”) held its 36th Annual Awards Dinner at the Sheraton Los Angeles in San Gabriel, California. ABL’s annual awards dinner honors prominent Asian and Asian-American business leaders in the Southern California region. Leech Tishman’s Employment & Labor Partner Eric J. Wu serves as a member of the ABL’s Board of Directors and had the honor of presenting two awards during the dinner, including the “Business of the Year” and “Nonprofit of the Year” awards. Leech Tishman is a Corporate Partner of the ABL.
Among the attendees of this year’s dinner were U.S. Congresswoman Judy Chu, California State Assemblyman Mike Fong, California State Controller Betty Yee, and City of Artesia Mayor Melissa Ramoso. Eric Toda, Global Head of Social Marketing at Meta, served as the event’s Keynote Speaker.
During the event, seven awards were presented. The 2022 Award recipients included:
- Beacon of Excellence Award (Recognizes an Asian or Asian-American individual who has exhibited tremendous leadership in either the public or private sector and has served as a beacon of excellence and an inspiration to the community): Chang Liu, President and CEO of Cathay Bank
- Corporation of the Year (Recognizes excellence by an Asian or Asian-American-founded corporation in the areas of innovation, revenue growth, productivity and effective management practices, social responsibility/inclusion, and/or expansion): Yamibuy
- Business of the Year (Recognizes excellence of an Asian or Asian-American-founded privately-owned business in the areas of innovation, profitability, branding, and/or succession/longevity): Lollaland
- Food and Beverage Company of the Year (Recognizes excellence by an Asian or Asian-American-owned restaurant in the areas of culinary achievements and/or customer service): 7 Leaves Café
- Entertainer of the Year (Recognizes excellence by an Asian or Asian-American artist in any entertainment genre for their skills and contributions to Asian or Asian-American representation in the media and the entertainment industry): Lisa Lu
- Community Leader of the Year (Recognizes an Asian or Asian-American individual and/or business who (that) has demonstrated a commitment to service and social responsibility): OOTify
- Nonprofit of the Year (Recognizes an Asian or Asian-American nonprofit organization for their contributions and outstanding service to the community): National Asian American Coalition (NAAC)
ABOUT THE ASIAN BUSINESS LEAGUE OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
The Asian Business League of Southern California (ABL) was founded in 1984 and since that time has provided networking opportunities to take businesses to the next level. They are engaged in a community of already established business professionals to raise Pacific Rim and Local Asian American market voices and influencers throughout the business community. Learn more about the ABL here: https://ablsocal.org/
ABOUT LEECH TISHMAN
Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl is a full-service law firm dedicated to assisting individuals, businesses, and institutions. Leech Tishman offers legal services in business restructuring & insolvency, construction, corporate matters, employment & labor, estates & trusts, intellectual property, litigation & alternative dispute resolution, and real estate. In addition, the firm offers a wide range of legal services to clients in the aviation & aerospace, cannabis, emerging cyber technologies, energy & natural resources, healthcare, and hospitality industries. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Leech Tishman also has offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Sarasota, Washington, D.C., and Wilmington, DE.