Forrest T. Passerin is a Partner in the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group, where he co-leads the Development Group. He is also a member of the Corporate Practice Group, where he co-leads the Lending Group. Forrest is based in Leech Tishman’s Philadelphia office.
Forrest’s practice focuses on all aspects of real estate acquisition, disposition, joint ventures, and finance. In addition, Forrest has extensive experience in representing landlords and tenants in office, retail, and industrial leasing transactions, including complex build-to-suit transactions and lease workout transactions. Over the course of his career, Forrest has represented both public and private real estate investors and financial institutions. Forrest regularly represents real estate lenders and institutional investors in multi-tier, multi-state, cross-defaulted, and cross-collateralized transactions. In addition to advising his clients on the conventional capitalization of real estate projects, Forrest has extensive experiencing in representing both developers and lenders in adaptive re-use projects utilizing federal historic tax credits.
Some of Forrest’s recent representative matters include:
- Represented landlord in the lease of 10,000 square foot office lease which included complete build out of existing space
- Represented tenant in the lease of 8,000 square foot retail location including negotiation of tenant improvement allowance and construction provisions
- Represented the ground lessor in a 100,000 square foot build-to-suit industrial distribution facility
- Represented developer in the acquisition of vacant land for development of a multifamily and office mixed use project which included negotiation of joint venture, construction financing, and condominium documents
- Represented large multi-family apartment owner in refinance of 25-property portfolio located in multiple jurisdictions
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition of a mobile home park portfolio located in multiple jurisdictions
- Represented mobile park owner in the refinance of a portfolio of mobile home parks located in multiple jurisdictions
Certificate in Finance and Accounting, University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business
J.D./M.B.A., Duquesne University School of Law
B.A., Denison University
Reed Smith LLP
Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC