Kaylyn Boca is a Partner with Leech Tishman and Chair of the Real Estate Practice Group. She is also a member of the Corporate Practice Group. Kaylyn is based in the Pittsburgh office, where she handles a variety of real estate and corporate matters for clients. Kaylyn is also a member of the Leech Tishman Management Committee.
Kaylyn has focused her practice in the area of commercial real estate, finance and corporate transactions. Over the course of her career, Kaylyn has represented sellers, purchasers, landlords, tenants, secured lenders and borrowers in a wide range of transactions including acquisitions, sales, construction loans, leases, restructurings, commercial, residential and mixed-use development projects, sale-leasebacks and condominium and planned community developments. Kaylyn has also represented developers/borrowers in obtaining funds through various state programs such as Historic Preservation Tax Incentives through the National Park Service, Building PA, Business in Our Sites, Machinery and Equipment Loan Fund, Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority and the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency’s Mixed Use Facility Financing Initiative.
Some of Kaylyn’s representative transactions include:
- Developer representation in multi-phase 31 unit residential planned community development on a brownfield site in a historic Pittsburgh neighborhood from site acquisition and construction financing to sale or lease of parcels
- Developer representation in securing land rights for a wind farm through wind lease agreements, easements and acquisition of parcels
- Seller/Tenant representation in a sale-leaseback of multi-site industrial facilities
- Tenant representation in long-term, build-to-suit lease for industrial facility
- Developer representation in acquisition and construction finance for rehabilitation of historic downtown Pittsburgh property and conversion to residential apartments with street-level commercial space
- Landowner representations in granting easement rights for access, utilities, encroachments, billboards and cell towers
- Borrower representation of a construction company, in an asset-based lending transaction including a $7M revolving line of credit loan and $1.5M term loan each secured by borrower’s bank accounts, receivables, equipment and other personal property and intangible assets
- Borrower representation in $4.7M Machinery and Equipment Loan Fund loan from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
Kaylyn’s corporate experience includes handling a variety of business transactions involving business formation, mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions and corporate governance. Her experience has focused on negotiating and drafting a wide array of commercial contracts including general sale and purchase agreements, vendor agreements, maritime towing agreements, service agreements, confidentiality agreements, shareholder, operating and partnership agreements, indemnifications, waivers, sales commission and referral agreements, equipment lease agreements and maintenance agreements.
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law
B.A., Youngstown State University