Kaylyn Boca is a Partner with Leech Tishman and Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group where she also leads the Leasing Group and co-leads the Transactional Commercial Group. Kaylyn is based in the Pittsburgh office, where she handles a variety of real estate matters for clients.
Kaylyn has served two terms on the firm’s Management Committee.
Kaylyn has focused her practice in the area of commercial real estate. Over the course of her career, Kaylyn has represented sellers, purchasers, landlords, tenants, secured lenders and borrowers in a wide range of transactions including acquisitions, sales, construction loans, leases, commercial, residential and mixed-use development projects, sale-leasebacks and condominium and planned community developments.
Kaylyn represents clients in acquisition, sale, and leasing of real estate across numerous sectors such as industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, office, restaurant, retail, “big box” leases, data centers, communication towers and renewable and sustainable energy.
Some of Kaylyn’s representative transactions include:
- Developer representation in multi-phase 31 unit residential planned community development on a brownfield site in a historic Pittsburgh neighborhood from site acquisition and construction financing to sale or lease of parcels
- Developer representation in securing land rights for a wind farm through wind lease agreements, easements and acquisition of parcels
- Seller/Tenant representation in a sale-leaseback of multi-site industrial facilities
- Tenant representation in long-term, build-to-suit lease for industrial facility
- Developer representation in acquisition and construction finance for rehabilitation of historic downtown Pittsburgh property and conversion to residential apartments with street-level commercial space
- Landowner representations in granting easement and lease rights for access, utilities, encroachments, billboards and cell towers
- Sale of $10M+ warehouse/light industrial building containing approximately 100,000 sq. ft. with seller reducing footprint of operations and leasing back approximately 33,000 RSF for medical manufacturing and office uses.
- Represented a sublandlord in subleasing 11,153 RSF of sublandlord’s 22,458 sq. ft.
- Represented a tenant in leasing 59,322 RSF for primarily office and data center purposes.
- Represented a sublandlord in termination of subleases with full release of liability and termination of corporate guarantees in connection with prime landlord’s direct lease to subtenant of industrial space.
Kaylyn frequently represents clients from start to finish in the cycle of a property sale or acquisition including negotiating letters of intents, purchase and sale agreements, title review, property inspections, negotiation of title insurance coverage and the real estate closing process. Her experience has focused on negotiating and drafting a wide array of commercial contracts including general sale and purchase agreements, vendor agreements, service agreements, confidentiality agreements, indemnifications, waivers, sales commission and referral agreements, easements, right of entry agreements, and leases.
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law
B.A., Youngstown State University