Steven R. Chadwick represents all manner of clientele, from public charities to multinational conglomerates, and prides himself on his ability to connect with his clients, regardless of their degree of sophistication. Due to his diverse clientele, Steve has gained wide-ranging experience in the real estate field, including dispositions of decommissioned industrial sites requiring coordination with state and Federal environmental agencies; as well as negotiation of new development agreements, including coordination with municipal authorities to secure, inter alia, zoning variances, and conditional use permits.
Steve also has experience in identifying prospective public-private partnership opportunities for his clients, including, but not limited to, tax-increment financing and the formation of neighborhood improvement districts.
Steve also works closely with his colleagues in the Corporate Practice Group, periodically providing outside general counsel relative to new entity formation, including preparing partnership agreements, operating agreements, membership interest purchase agreements, and providing guidance relative to corporate succession planning.
Steve routinely serves as general outside counsel to his clients, assisting his clients with identifying local counsel and cost-effective solutions to legal matters across the United States.
Steve’s representative matters include:
- Negotiation and preparation of all relevant transaction instruments pertaining to disposition of heavy-industrial manufacturing facility (in excess of 185,000 sf) requiring contemporaneous negotiations with state DEP to ensure proper hand-off of actively managed environmental matters
- Lead outside real estate counsel relative to disposition of multiple domestic real estate interests in conjunction with unwinding of autonomous vehicle special purpose entity, including negotiation of early termination of leasehold interests, and preparation of all relevant transactional instruments
- Negotiation and preparation of membership interest purchase agreement, relative to unwinding of real property holding company
- Preparation of Asset Purchase Agreement for acquisition of distressed assets of former national retail chain, including facilitation of negotiation of outstanding liabilities pertaining to leasehold interests at over 100 locations, as well as assignment/assumption of said leasehold interests in conjunction with asset acquisition
- Direct collaboration with corporate director of real estate in management of portfolio of real estate interests in the United States, Europe, and Asia, including review/analysis of international acquisition/conveyance instruments and coordination with international counsel to ensure consistency with domestic real estate holdings