William A. Buck is a Partner with Leech Tishman and Chair of the Corporate Practice Group where he also co-leads the General Counsel and Secured Transaction Groups. Bill is based in the Pittsburgh office, where he advises clients primarily on corporate and commercial law, providing outside general counsel to middle-market clients on business operations, mergers and acquisitions, and structuring strategic business relationships. Bill is a member of the Leech Tishman Management Committee.
Bill is also a member of the Tax Practice Group and provides counsel to clients in federal and state tax planning, tax controversy matters, and acquisition tax planning.
Some of Bill’s recent representative transactions include:
- Served as M&A counsel to a full-service live event production company in a series of roll-up acquisitions of operating companies focusing on sound, light and video production.
- Served as M&A counsel to renewable energy developer in the sale of development rights for a 240-MW renewable energy project to a U.S. utility.
- Served as M&A counsel to oilfield services provider in sale of business to private equity backed portfolio company in strategic acquisition.
- Served as M&A counsel involving sale of manufacturing organization to private equity firm for strategic combination with existing portfolio company; collaborated with investment banker on transaction in review of prospective competitive, strategic and financial buyers.
- Served as M&A counsel to senior management of professional services company in the architecture, engineering and construction in merger transaction.
- Served as M&A counsel to wholesale consumer products distributor in the sale to multi-billion dollar competitor looking for entry point into eastern U.S. market.
- Served as M&A counsel to wholesale construction supplier through informal auction process involving both competitive and financial buyers.
- Served as M&A/ general counsel to oil field service provider in pursuing acquisition of competitor.
- Served as M&A/general counsel to buyer in connection with Article 9 transaction conducted by senior secured lender.
- Served as M&A/general counsel to buyer in auction process involving multi-state construction firm in organized sale at direction of surety company.
- Served as turnaround counsel to oil and gas services provider in organized wind down and liquidation of company assets.
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law
B.A., Duquesne University
U.S. Tax Court
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine (2008, 2010, 2013-2015)