Leech Tishman’s Assessments & Appeals attorneys represent commercial, industrial, and residential property owners, as well as municipalities and business owners, in real estate assessment matters. Our team has a depth of experience presenting assessment appeals before local and county assessors, state appeal boards, circuit courts, and boards of review. We work directly with our clients to evaluate real estate assessments, consider tax circumstances, and facilitate the appeals process, working to obtain favorable property assessments and tax reductions for our clients.
We have successfully pursued appeals in multiple Pennsylvania counties, including Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Washington, Westmoreland counties, for many property types. Our lawyers have experience appearing before the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue Board of Appeals and the Board of Property Assessment Appeals and Review of Allegheny County.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Appraisals & appraisal reviews
- Tax incentives, including incentive classifications and rehabilitation
- Undervaluation complaints
- Property tax disputes
- Land use and rezoning
- Challenging fair market valuations
- Working with licensed appraisers
- PILOT Agreements
- PURTA and property tax exemption hearings
- Overseeing post-appeal matters