While Chapter 11 Bankruptcy is a highly complex process, our attorneys assist clients in complying with rigorous requirements and provide cost-effective solutions to facilitate timely resolutions.
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy offers a unique solution to troubled corporations needing to file for bankruptcy, but not wanting to dissolve the business. Chapter 11 Bankruptcy is reserved for corporations with extenuating circumstances and can only be granted if the organization does not meet the requirements for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.
We recommend working with a skilled bankruptcy attorney who will provide a thorough analysis of the case and determine if Chapter 11 Bankruptcy is feasible and appropriate. Leech Tishman has a depth of experience representing domestic, foreign, and international corporations in filing this complex level of bankruptcy in an effort to preserve business operations, protect employees’ jobs, and reduce impact on the local economy the business supports.
Our attorneys assist clients with Chapter 11 Bankruptcy issues, such as:
- Eliminating or modifying unsecured debt
- Reducing secured debt and interest rates of secured debt
- Obtaining new financing by offering the lender incentives that are only available by way of bankruptcy, such as a lien with priority over pre-existing liens
- Selling or leasing property of the estate
- Recovering transferred property
- Avoiding certain transfers