The Corporate Governance structure of a company dictates the rights and responsibilities of company participants including the board of directors, senior management, officers, and shareholders. This complex system of rules, practices, and processes provides a framework through which a company can be directed and controlled.
Leech Tishman’s Corporate Practice Group has extensive experience in advising boards of directors, executive officers, and management on basic governance principles including accountability, transparency, fairness, and responsibility.
Some of our Corporate Governance services include:
- Developing corporate governance policies to enhance board effectiveness
- Advising on voting policies of institutional investors and proxy advisory firms and programs
- Regulatory compliance with federal laws including the Dodd-Frank Act the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and additional SEC regulations affecting public companies
- Compliance with fiduciary duty obligations under state corporate laws
- Board and committee management and membership matters
- Counseling boards during shareholder activist campaigns
- Responding to formal and informal SEC and other government inquiries
- Conducting internal investigations
- Advising on executive compensation and management succession issues
Leech Tishman is focused on assisting clients with balancing the interests of a company’s many stakeholders while maintaining business integrity and conformity with state and federal laws. We believe a good corporate governance program helps companies build trust with investors and the community, ensuring their long-term financial viability.