Leech Tishman’s Trusts & Estates team assists clients with guardianships and powers of attorney. When a family member becomes incapacitated or can no longer make medical or financial decisions, a guardianship appointment may be required if the individual did not make powers of attorney designations.
Our attorneys are experienced with assisting clients through the legal procedures and processes to obtain a guardianship appointment by a judge. We are trained to assist clients with the evaluation, court appointment, and financial aspects of complex estates, including sale of property and guardianship administration accounting.
Our attorneys are able to assist with complex legal issues, while providing a high level of compassion for these delicate, often stressful, cases. With respect to elder law, our attorneys are able to counsel clients on protecting their loved one’s financial interests and examining how assets may be passed down to descendants without penalty.
- Assist clients with guardianship paperwork and evaluation
- Counsel clients as to the appropriate legal guardianship for their circumstances
- Counsel clients on appropriate guardianship administration and accounting
- Document management and record keeping
- Prepare appropriate pleadings and represent clients in subsequent legal proceedings