Leech Tishman’s Business Restructuring & Insolvency practice represents official committees of unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in almost every industry across the county.
Our attorneys provide counsel to official committees on matters such as case administration, the investigation of pre-petition actions and debtor’s management, the debtor’s financial situation prior to filing for bankruptcy, and developing a plan for debt reorganization.
Our team’s experience in representation of creditors’ committees includes:
- Successfully blocking motions for relief from stay by secured creditors leading to distributions for unsecured creditors
- Aggressively negotiating distributions to the class of unsecured creditors
- Prosecuting avoidance actions
- The transfer of debtor’s assets prior to bankruptcy filing
- Drafting of the disclosure statement