Leech Tishman’s Securities Team has a record of success representing Fortune 500 companies, global financial institutions, boards of directors, and other globally recognized companies internationally and domestically in state and federal courts across the country.
Our firm has been successful in disposing of securities claims through early motions filings, limiting business disruption and ending litigation quickly and cost-effectively. When cases do move through to the trial phase, our attorneys are experienced in developing an aggressive, compelling legal strategy that produces results.
Our skilled attorneys have a wealth of experience assisting clients in navigating complex shareholder derivative actions. We have represented our clients through successful resolution of derivative claims involving virtually every type of alleged wrongdoing, including fraud, malpractice, failure of oversight, breach of fiduciary duty, restatements, and violations of the law.
Our attorneys have counseled clients on corporate securities matters, such as:
- Representing publicly-traded companies in mergers, acquisitions, and related filings
- Counseling on private placements of trust preferred securities, debt, and preferred and common stock
- Advising clients on cross-border securities-related issues, including Regulation S compliance
- Advising start-up businesses through each phase of venture financing
- Assisting boards of directors and board committees to implement policies and procedures, conduct internal investigations, address corporate and transactional issues, and effectuate legal compliance
- Counseling clients on beneficial ownership reporting, insider trading rules and regulations, and resale of restricted securities