Leech Tishman’s Trademark practice assists clients in all aspects of trademark law. Our IP attorneys handle domestic clearance and registration of trademarks and service marks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in virtually every business and technology, and can obtain foreign trademark and service mark registrations throughout the world.
Establishing a brand’s identity by securing coveted trademark clearances provides business owners with unmatched legal protection and peace-of-mind. Our attorneys are trained to guide clients through the complex trademark registration and clearance processes, which offer business owners protection from costly legal disputes and uncertainty about the security of their brand. We assist clients with all aspects of the trademark obtainment process, including researching existing trademarks to identify potential conflicts, as well as evaluating the mark’s distinctive features or potential conflicts with other marks within the same industry. We are highly skilled in assisting clients with market projections and sale realities to determine where trademark coverage makes economic sense for their business.
A top priority within our intellectual property practice is the protection of our clients’ assets through swift litigation. If a legitimate trademark infringement is identified, our firm quickly seeks injunctive relief to preserve the integrity of our clients’ brand and reputation. Our attorneys conduct a thorough analysis of the competing brand’s mark, looking for consistencies with our clients’ asset to develop a strong legal argument for consideration by the judge. Our skilled team of litigators have tried many trademark infringement cases to verdict, in most cases receiving a favorable outcome.
Leech Tishman’s Trademark practice assists clients with:
- Trademark and service mark screening and clearances
- Preparation and prosecution of domestic/foreign trademark/service mark applications
- Monitoring trademark registrations for impermissible similar uses
- Trademark litigation, including enforcement of trademarks and defense against claims of trademark infringement
- Unfair competition matters, including trade dress, false designation of origin and false advertising issues
- Trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings