Leech Tishman offers our clients a depth of experience across the broad range of legal issues impacting the modern construction industry. Our construction attorneys have valuable experience not only in complex construction litigation, but also as in-house counsel in the construction industry.
Leech Tishman’s Construction attorneys are uniquely-positioned to provide practical strategic advice and high-quality advocacy in all phases of construction, from initial contracting through dispute resolution. In addition to its construction practitioners, Leech Tishman can draw on its wealth of specialized expertise in areas such as insurance, corporate, real estate, tax, environmental, and employment law to provide full-spectrum service for all of our construction industry clients’ legal needs.
West Coast Chair
East Coast Chair
The construction industry is complex and challenging. Throughout the life cycle of a construction project, whether assessing risk and negotiating contract language in the initial stages, evaluating change orders during the project, or engaging in dispute resolution over claims, clients need sound legal advice and practical wisdom to navigate these complexities and bring projects to a successful conclusion.
- Project-specific legal risk assessment
- Advice on contract & project delivery models
- Advice on bid processes & rules
- Project insurance coverage & risk management
- Contract drafting & negotiation
- Analysis and advice concerning key project contract relationships (owners, architects, engineers, general contractor, subcontractors, vendors)
- Provide guidance to project teams to ensure contract compliance
- Advice on contract administration and preparation of project documentation
- Analysis of change orders and claims, including scope changes, productivity, cost increases, and time extension
- Strategies for payment and cash flow issue
- Advice on project close-out
- Advice on litigation & alternative dispute resolution options
- Coordinate with independent experts & consultants, including engineering, architect, schedule, and accounting experts
- Prepare claims for mediation or settlement negotiations
- Litigate or arbitrate construction and contract disputes
- Litigate insurance coverage, surety bond, and mechanics’ lien claims
- Strategies for collections and debtor/creditor rights
Having worked closely with business and operations teams on major construction projects, our lawyers understand that legal strategy must fit within and serve our clients’ overall business strategies. Our approach focuses on helping clients proactively mitigate risk, minimize disputes, and bring projects to an amicable and profitable conclusion. If disputes cannot be avoided or resolved, our lawyers are seasoned litigators who have successfully tried complex construction disputes arising from large-scale projects throughout the world in state and federal courts, as well as international arbitration.
This comprehensive background allows our team to approach complex construction matters with the technical insight, common sense, and the seasoned experience necessary to anticipate, identify and resolve legal issues, manage risk, and provide guidance to our clients at any stage in their design, financing, construction and operating facility activities.
General Business Services
- Draft standard contracts and forms to ensure consistency of business and project processes
- Advice on labor and employment law
- OSHA compliance
- General risk management and insurance advice
- Finance and tax advice
- Environmental law
- General corporate